Last January 2015, I had my passport renewal at the DFA in SM Megamall. Unlike the last time that I experienced renewal for my Mom, this time the passport I renewed was issued in 2010 – the most recent passport type that DFA is issuing. So I thought that a lot of you are interested in knowing the requirements. So here you go!
Before going to DFA, make sure that you have a scheduled appointment. They have a policy of no appointment no entry. You may select your desired appointment date using this site. Make sure that you have complete requirements before going to your appointment date.
Here are the requirements:
- Personal appearance
- Confirmed appointment (sent through your email)
- Duly accomplished application form (sent through your email)
- No need to submit a passport size photo
- Most recent expiring or expired passport
- 2 Valid picture IDs and supporting documents to prove identity (original and photocopy)
As for the picture IDs, I brought my UMID (Unified Multipurpose ID) and company ID. Other valid IDs are your SSS ID, Driver’s License, School ID and Professional License. You may visit this site for the list of other valid IDs.